Monday, November 21, 2011

Culinary Paris Continued

I was obsessed with food in Paris. I ate my way around it and loved every minute of it. The bread was particularly fantastic. I have to say, the French do carbs (aside from pasta- Italy will always take the cake on that one) like nobody's business. The smells emanating from every single boulangerie, fromagerie, etc. were impossible to ignore. Here are some more food pictures. 







The cheese on the left were cured with ash around them, and the ones on the right were infused with lavender. 


Beautiful goat cheeses with pepper and dried apricot coatings.


Very interesting lunch one day in Paris- we ordered andouillet sausage, which I thought would be no different than andouille sausage, which I love. Don't make the same mistake we did- andouillet is made only with the intestines and stomach of pork, without any added seasoning, so you really taste what you're eating. The mustard sauce it was in was delicious, and I wish I liked it, but it was (no pun intended) hard to stomach before we knew what it was, let alone after we looked it up when we got back to the hotel. A little disappointing, but now we can say we tried something people think is gross!


Banana, coconut, Grand Marnier, and nutella crepe. Divine.



Cheesin. Hard.


Beautiful homemade marshmallows in a whole array of flavors. The red one is cassis.



Phenomenal peach beer! I'm a huge fan of Lindeman's currant beer at home (thank you Eulogy for introducing me to it!). This is definitely going to be my go-to beer when I get home now.


Round two at Dominique Sabrion- coffee eclair, cream puff pyramid, and a beautiful strawberry cake



Cream puffs stacked with homemade cream, no big deal.


Such stunning produce!


My incredible salmon in dill sauce with rice. I inhaled it.


Cafe Gourmand, best idea ever. Four mini desserts with a coffee. Coffee ice cream, pistachio macaroon, tiny canele and a rich dense brownie. 

No comments:

Post a Comment